Sunday, March 6, 2011

2nd verse, same as the first

Last year, on March 6th, I had one of my best days EVER! Well here we are, around the same time, one year later. And I now have evidence to back up the fact that the Huck Cancer tournament is amazing. This year my "bro" headed out from Michigan to join in the fun. Since we each raised over $1,000, and we were on the same team, well...let's just say our taking the championship looked suspiciously like someone fixed the system. In fact, all of the games were pretty close, and he and I were so physically spent by the end, we pretty much hobbled to the party that night and all of the next day (and we'll see about tomorrow too).

Regardless, win or lose, this tournament was incredibly wonderful for me. Once again we had a huge group of amazing volunteers pulling it all together, run primarily by Renata and Coleo, but also with most of the same amazing people as last year. In addition, a lot of my coworkers joined in the fun and helped out tremendously. We also raised over $40,000 for the Livestrong Foundation again. So for all those people who did so much to make this tournament happen (and honestly, I was not a big part of it myself), you deserve tremendous praise and thanks. Therefore, as a representative of the "Cancer Party", I present to you the official statement as follows: Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Now...time for me to go to bed so my muscles can practice loosening up before I have to walk again.

No comments:

Post a Comment