Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Did someone lose their jacks?

I think you might have accidentally left them in my head.....

I found out last Friday that I actually have some titanium screws and ties attaching the bone plate to the rest of my skull. Pretty nifty. You can see the border of the plate they removed for the surgery (the kerf is actually a little big for my taste). It also looks from the x-ray like there might still be a small hole in the skull (drilled out to insert the bone saw?), but hopefully I'll find out more about that this week when I speak with my radiation oncologist. Anyone out there have any theories on what that dark spot might be?

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about you and counting down the weeks. I hope that it keeps going as well as it seems from here...

    As for the dark spot... I'd guess it's that dormant part of the brain present in all males. Maybe you could have them x-ray your head while flipping through your latest FTD bouquet.

    ReplyDelete