Wednesday, May 2, 2012

When will things turn around?

Today was my MRI day. I was hopefully optimistic, especially given how well the current chemo had been bleaching all of my hair. I assumed that if it was doing that, it must be doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Turns out I was wrong. The MRI showed a lot of different locations showing either growth or what appears to be growth. It is unconfirmed, but likely most of it is tumor. Confirmation would require biopsies, but at this point, it's not clear it's worth questioning. All of which will likely lead to stopping the clinical trial and considering the next steps.

The only problem is, there's not a lot of choices left, especially given the current spread of what appears to be tumor. I might be hitting what I've always considered the final frontier, the end of the line, Avastin (possibly with Temodar or another old school chemo).

Tomorrow I will hear back from Dr. B to see if there are any other options. I've also asked him to chat with some other researchers to see if I qualify for some of the more radical trials, though I'm not optimistic given the latest appearance.

In the meantime, take a good luck. This is the whitest you will see my hair under the current chemo treatment. Since I'm likely to be ending this trial, the only positive about all of this is that my hair should grow back to its natural, wonderful dark color....


4 comments:

  1. Must have been such disappointing news to get. Was hoping you'd get a break...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your MRI - was keeping fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You well deserve a break, Logan. Sorry to hear the results.

    On a lighter note, disappointed I won't have you as a white hair buddy ;-)

    ReplyDelete