Monday, October 3, 2011

Yes, the staples are out

My hope was that once the staples were out, I could start taking steps towards my "normal" life. Unfortunately there was still a lot of swelling, and that's what limits my physical conditioning. Too much heart rate increases the swelling. So I was told officially "you can walk, but no more". For those who know me, you probably know that news like this was not easy to handle.

However there might be a bright side. Almost immediately it seemed like the swelling was dropping. Were the staples the cause of the swelling itself? It makes some sense if you think about where the fluid was (between the skin and the muscles surrounding the skull) and the fact that the staples could have been creating a "pool" to hold the fluid. I'm not quite ready to get excited, but stay tuned....

In other news, I restart the chemo on Wednesday, but in order to do so, I need to once again go through the entire range of baseline testing, including another MRI, an EKG, blood tests, and an eye exam.

At least the weather finally sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment